Whether you have been practicing energy meditation within the sort of qigong, Core Energy Meditation™, pranayama, kundalini, or another system for awhile, or if you’re just beginning, i feel you will find the subsequent eight tips helpful for your progress. Many of those tips you’ll apply to the other sort of meditation practice also .
Meditation may be a practice of focusing your attention on a selected object or during a specific way for a period of your time . Energy meditation means you’re using imagination and feeling of your life energy, prana, or “qi” (“chee”) as your focal object. The energy centers and pathways through your body are an excellent thanks to meditate because they provide your mind a lively path to follow. It’s interesting and it generally feels great-especially when you’ve developed your skills.
Energy meditation grounds you within the here and now in your body, which is an efficient thanks to “get out of your head.” It also has tremendous health benefits, including activation of your natural relaxation response, improved posture, tension release, improved circulation, deeper breathing, coherent brain and heart function, and improved immune reaction . Energy meditation helps you to feel comfortable , positive, and vitally alive. most significantly , it connects you to the essence level of “who you’re ” and “what you are here to try to to .” It connects you to your inner guidance, deeper purpose, and feelings of oneness with Life Channeled meditation.
In the Chinese system of qigong and in Core Energy Meditation™, we specialise in three primary energy centers or dantians (“dahn-tee-ens”) in your body:
- Your lower dantian or Body Center in your lower abdomen which relates to your primal vital force and physical vitality.
- Your middle dantian or Heart Center within the center of your chest which relates to your refined feelings and qualities of interaction with others including appreciation, gratitude, trust, compassion, and love.
- Your upper dantian or Mind Center within the center of your brain which relates to your mind powers of insight, imagination, intuition, and concentration also as your ability to calmly observe your experiences without being overwhelmed by them.
When you first practice imagining and feeling your energy centers, you’ll not imagine or feel much in the least . it’s going to be a challenge to stay focused on them during your practice. it is also common that you simply might feel one among them but not the others, or two of them and not the third. What you experience depends on your natural aptitude for visualization and kinesthetic sensing, the degree of activation of your energy centers, and the way much you’ve got practiced feeling inside your body.
No matter where you substitute your ability to see and feel inside your body, it’s O.K. you’ll enjoy applying yourself to the practice, regardless of what your current abilities. If you practice consistently over time, you’ll gradually awaken your ability to perceive, feel, gather, circulate, refine, and still your inner vital force . I’ve practiced energy meditation for over 25 years and find myself improving these abilities year by year.
As you grow your abilities, you’ll also notice positive effects in your ability to sense inner guidance, observe choices, be present, and follow through on your best intentions. you’ll come to feel more reception , healthy, and positive in your body, heart, mind, and spirit. you’ll develop a uniform strong, positive, clear and coherent personal energetic vibration, or what i prefer to call a “Core energy level .” Here are eight tips to stay you progressing.
Eight Tips for Effective Energy Meditation:
- First and foremost, practice daily. If you’re practicing only you think that you would like it, know that there’s far more for you within the practice than merely using it to calm and are available back to center once you get “stressed out” (though this is often certainly important). If you practice a day , you’ll discover that you simply are better ready to process the experiences and tensions of the last 24-hour period in order that you approach life during a far more clear, relaxed, positive, and focused way.
You may also notice the difference once you miss even each day of practice as unresolved tensions begin to cloud your perception and affect how you are feeling . it’s normal within the first several years of practice, to experience letting go of “old stuff” which will intumesce into your consciousness as you meditate. The more you release these past held tensions, the more you’ll live freely within the present.
To encourage your daily practice, I suggest that you simply choose an amount of your time that seems very reasonable to you, maybe 15-20 minutes, and schedule it at an equivalent time a day (for example, very first thing within the morning). Though it’s going to be challenging to awaken earlier initially , it’s likely that you’re going to start to seem forward to awakening and stepping into a “Core energy level .”
The most important reason for daily practice is that every time you sit down you’ll be ready to move right into your practice and repose on what you’ve done the day before. You’ll stay within the flow of it. If you practice sporadically or infrequently you’ll , during a sense, “always be starting over.”
- If you have been practicing consistently for awhile, you’ll want to think about increasing the quantity of your time you devote to your practice. While 15-20 minutes daily is astounding , you’ll find that meditating longer will deepen and strengthen the advantages . you’ll get into progressively deeper, clearer, and quieter states the longer you meditate.
It’s common for the primary 10-15 minutes of practice to involve tons of mind chatter that progressively quiets down the longer you continue. If you sit for 30-40 minutes or more, you’ll have longer during a quieter state. the extra time will grow the influence of this state in your mind and body and make it a more reliable point of reference to which you’ll more easily return.
To increase some time , you’ll consider doing one longer session per week or even two longer sessions per week on the weekend days. However, don’t give yourself an excessive amount of to try to to that it becomes a chore. Lengthen some time as your natural desire increases.
- Besides increasing your overall time, you’ll increase the time that you simply spend that specialize in anybody energy center. for instance , you’ll find it easy to focus into the middle of your brain, but harder to focus into your heart or your lower abdomen. it’s normal to possess one or more of those centers that’s easier to specialise in and one or more that’s tougher .
When you first start practicing, you’ll tend to require to spend longer within the energy center(s) that you simply are most comfortable with. that’s certainly fine, to create your confidence. However, as you continue, you’ll make the foremost progress in your practice and your life if you spend overtime that specialize in the energy center(s) that you simply simply feel the smallest amount or that you find to be most challenging. These are likely the places where your energy flow isn’t as fluid and free. you’ll be storing long-held emotions or traumas in these spots.
Spending overtime with these places with an attitude of curiosity, a sense of appreciation for the way your body works to stay you safe, and a relaxed observing attention can begin to release these held tensions in order that your energy system will function more fully and integrate more deeply. a method to try to to this is often to settle your attention into a sense of spacious, silent stillness within the middle of any energy center. Simply being present within an energy center, resting your attention there without trying to try to to anything or make anything happen, can have a therapeutic effect.
In the Daoist tradition, it’s considered safest to place extra focus into your lower dantian or lower abdominal energy center once you are beginning your practice. As your energy builds therein center, your energy will naturally flow upward to the center dantian or Heart Center, then, to the upper dantian or Mind Center. Whether you follow that progression or another form supported your particular needs, it is a good idea to start and end your practice by gathering energy in your lower dantian.
- To support strong vitality in your lower dantian look after your body well. It takes surplus energy to strongly focus your attention and grow your practice. the inspiration of this extra energy is your physical vitality. to extend your physical vitality, monitor these five things:
A. Manage your “To Do List” well,
B. Get adequate sleep,
C. Eat a spread of foods that are as fresh and as on the brink of their wild as possible,
D. Drink enough water to remain well-hydrated (approximately 64 ounces each day for many of us), and
E. Exercise regularly
If you’ve got committed to getting up early to practice, but you’re exhausted from your life activities and haven’t gone to bed early enough, haven’t eaten quality food, aren’t well-hydrated, and haven’t adequately exercised, you likely won’t have the energy for an honest rehearsal . With sufficient physical vitality you’ll be ready to devote strong attention to activating, opening, clearing, and integrating your energy centers.
- To activate and clear any energy center imagine and feel yourself breathing through it. As you inhale, imagine and feel that you simply are filling up that energy center together with your breath. As you exhale, imagine and feel that you simply are emptying that energy center and releasing any tension held there. once you inhale, try imagining that your breath is bringing light, open, spaciousness into your energy center. once you exhale, try imagining that you simply are exhaling any congestion or density.
You can also apply this system to tension anywhere in your body. First, imagine and feel as if you’re breathing into the space round the tight area, softening up its edges. Then, draw your breathe right into the middle of the space where you are feeling tension or tightness. Imagine and feel as if your breath is bringing light, open, spaciousness into that area. Exhale any density or tightness.
- you’ll also spend longer that specialize in the connections between the energy centers. Connecting the three dantians is that the Central Channel or Middle Mai Channel. This channel are often visualized and felt as a vertical cylinder extending from your perineum (between genitals and anus) up through the middle of your body (in front of your spine, though you’ll also imagine it including the spine) to the highest of your head. This channel connects your three dantians and integrates them into a coherent balanced system.
You may feel one energy center is robust , open, and clear and another is numb, tense, or clouded. you’ll imagine and feel the connection between them through the Central Channel as how to activate and clear the middle that feels clouded. you’ll also imagine and feel your breath traveling between the 2 as you inhale and exhale.
Another possibility is that you simply feel openness within the energy centers themselves but lack a sense of integration between them. you’ll feel that they’re not vertically aligned or not functioning well together. for instance , your mind isn’t working together with your heart and your body. they are not in sync. Your mind thinks one thing, your heart feels another, and your body desires something altogether different.
If that’s the case, you’ll imagine and feel the Central Channel as a straight vertical column with the three dantians resting within the middle of it and breathe through that channel. i prefer to try to to this at a couple of points during my practice to refresh my concentration. I also finish my practice by inhaling up through the Central Channel and exhaling down through the Central Channel several times. Then, I gather energy within the lower dantian before opening my eyes.
The bottom line with energy meditation practice is that it’s specific to every person. you start by learning good forms to follow. Once you master the forms, then you’ll adapt them to your specific needs and what’s happening for you at any given time. The more you understand the practice and therefore the more sensitive you become to your internal energy flow or lack of flow, the more you’ll skills to proceed. Energy meditation sensitizes you to select abreast of your inner guidance.
- Once you’ve got thoroughly learned a form or sorts of meditation by following a guided audio, you would possibly try practicing on your own without the audio. this might plan months or years of practice. Allow your inner guidance to steer you in the way to refine and develop your internal energy. Spend longer where you would like to, use your breathing to open up areas of tension, and permit your conscious presence within your energy field to steer the way.
Whenever your attention wanders, recognize and accept it, and gently return to your meditative focus. As you remain present, accept whatever arises, and return to allowing life energy to flow smoothly through you, i think you’ll discover a profound trust within the deeper vital force that’s guiding your life.
That brings us to the eighth tip for effective practice.
- once you sit to meditate have a firm and clear intention for your practice. Having a robust “why” will cause firm focus and unwavering attention. for instance , my purpose in meditation is to become a transparent channel for all times Energy to flow through me. I call this a Core energy level . In such a state I feel calm, clear, free, purposeful, and whole. getting into life from this state I find that I can better sense and follow what i’m here to try to to , my service to others in each moment. If I sit right down to meditate with this intention strong and clear in my mind, my practice has more power.
Contemplate why you meditate and state your intention as you sit right down to practice. See if that helps to awaken your motivation and strengthen your focus. I hope you discover the eight guidelines above helpful for cultivating your meditative experience, refining your life energy, and increasing the positive feelings of vitality and purpose in your life.
You can learn more about energy meditation at https://mojcagotlib.com/