I have always loved crystals. i really like to be surrounded by them, i really like to carry them in my hands and place them on Chakra points during meditation, and that i especially like to wear them. resin art once I was young and broke, I remember saving my change during a jar until I had enough money to shop for a bit of raw amethyst from a touch shop in Woodstock, NY! It cost all of $5.00, but that was tons of cash back within the ’70s once I was working full time and putting myself through college. I still have that piece of amethyst in my library, along side dozens of other beautiful crystals and stones. i really like the peaceful feeling that comes from being surrounded by amethyst, quartz, aventurine, and lazuli – especially when I’m writing.
After years of being interested in the energy and wonder of crystals and stones, i started studying them within the early 1980’s. I attended tons of workshops over the years to become conversant in the Spiritual and healing properties of the various wonderful and powerful crystals and stones that are to assist us. Those workshops were great, but i feel I learned the foremost from Katrina Raphaell’s trilogy: “Crystal Enlightenment,” “Crystal Healing,” and “The Crystalline Transmission.” they’re now my beloved and far mentioned “encyclopedias” for everything crystals!
When I first started working with crystals, I found myself drawn initially to amethyst and clear quartz – i feel that’s because those crystals really pack a vibrational punch when it involves opening up the 6th and 7th Chakras, which helps one open up to Spirit. Back within the 80’s, opening that channel and communicating with Spirit was a priority on behalf of me , and i am sure that working with quartz and amethyst helps me to be a clearer channel today as I still “take dictation” from my Guide Group through automatic writing for my books.
Once I started working with them, it didn’t take long on behalf of me to understand that holding or wearing crystals/stones greatly enhanced my meditation experience-and because of the workshops I attended i feel i do know why:
(1) The energy(ies) of the crystals/stones merge with our electromagnetic field, helping to extend
our overall vibrational level.
(2) the colour vibrations of the crystals/stones increase the sunshine force and healing energies around
It’s been my experience that meditating with crystals/stones has also helped me to realize a far better balance of energy within my body – I feel better after meditating and dealing with my crystals and stones. this is often because we will choose specific crystals/stones to realize specific goals-it just takes a touch research on line or reading books to seek out out the properties of every stone.
I found it very easy to include crystals and stones into my daily meditation practice, and here are some tips for those of you who want to offer it a try:
- Choose the crystals/stones you would like to figure with;
- Hold the crystals/stones, wear them, or place them around you where you’ll see them;
- Meditate as was common .
I must be a creature of habit, because I’ve used basically an equivalent crystal meditation for over 20 years! I started this practice to assist me awaken my higher consciousness centers and attain a greater state of awareness during meditation. If you want to undertake it, you simply need one crystal-a clear quartz point (not a round flat stone), and you get to lie down-which is extremely relaxing after a tough day at work! I originally learned this easy , yet oh-so-powerful meditation in “Crystal Enlightenment” by Katrina Raphael:
- Lie face up;
- Place the terminated point of the clear quartz at the highest of your head;
- Meditate as was common (try to figure up to a minimum of 15 – 20 minutes).
Simple, right? But wait until you provides it a try! it is a very power meditation, and to assist ground the experience and convey it into physical reality (which makes it easier to recollect your experience so you’ll record it in your meditation journal), try adding two more crystals to your meditation: place an amethyst crystal on your brow (6th/Third Eye Chakra) and a citrine crystal on your navel (3rd/Solar Plexus Chakra). The amethyst and citrine should be light and on the flatter side in order that they don’t distract you or rattle down during meditation. Meditate for 15-20 minutes (or longer if you’ve got time).
About that meditation journal – through the years, I’ve kept a meditation journal where I record what and the way I felt as I worked with different crystals and stones-I highly recommend keeping one because it’ll assist you remember which crystals work best for various purposes. to assist get you started, here’s a touch bit from my workshop notes and private experiences regarding the three crystals utilized in the meditation outlined above:
- Quartz (Clear) [Seventh/Crown Chakra]: Radiates the Divine white light and allows the user to figure thereupon light. it is a receiver, amplifier, conductor and generator of energy. It helps open psychic centers, thus enabling one to meditate more deeply. it’s particularly helpful when used during meditation or when working to contact or align with Spirit or one’s higher self. [Note: this is often the primary crystal that I ever picked up and held in my hand.]
- Amethyst (Purple) [Sixth/Third Eye Chakra]: one among the simplest stones for meditation and it works especially well when placed over the pineal eye (between your eyebrows). it is a calming stone–it works within the emotional, Spiritual, and physical planes to supply calm, balance, patience, and peace. Emotionally, amethyst can help heal personal losses and grief. Amethyst promotes peacefulness, happiness, and contentment. It also brings emotional stability and inner strength. [Note: Amethyst has always been my favorite crystal-I love the colour and that i love the general energy and the way it helps open up the pineal eye .]
- Citrine (Yellow) [Third/Solar Plexus Chakra]: Citrine is great for dissipating negative energy, and may be wont to clear negative energies from the body and therefore the environment. It enhances mental clarity, confidence and willpower while helping to alleviate depression, self-doubt, and anger. Citrine may be a happy stone and is additionally thought to market success, prosperity, and abundance! [Note: The positive energies of citrine led me to stay some on my desk at work-I’m not shy about holding them in my hand after an unpleasant meeting!]
The best thanks to study crystals and stones is start reading about them and dealing with them. to seek out the crystals and stones that are right for you, hold them in your hand together with your fist closed. If it is the right one for you, you’ll feel a vibration in your hand. Try adding them to your meditation and feel the difference!
With her new book, “Windows of Opportunity,” Sherri Cortland has officially begin of the “New Age Closet” and announced to the planet that not only does she believe such things as reincarnation, Karma, and life after death, she also channels information about these subjects (and more) through automatic writing from her guides on the opposite side of the veil.
Cortland has been within the business world since she was 15 years old, starting as a cashier at McDonalds and dealing her high the company ladder to Director of Specialty Sales at an outsized vacation resort in Orlando, FL. While working full-time, she took college classes in the dark and earned traditional degrees in English and Communications. After years of handling an equivalent health complaints, she wanted to seek out out what was causing them, which led her to review herbology and naturopathy. Cortland has studied with Rosemary Gladstar and earned her ND degree from the Clayton College of Natural Health.
Cortland notes, “I’ve always had an unquenchable thirst for all things metaphysical and regularly raided my Mother’s bookshelf for her books about reincarnation, Karma, numerology, and ‘life after death.’ a lover introduced me to Shirley Maclaine’s “Out on a Limb” when it first came out, which was it, i used to be off on my very own personal look for the truth! I attended psychic development classes during the 1980’s and it had been during one among those classes that I first began to channel through automatic writing.”