Building your own laptop can help you save money in the long run, not to mention the great pleasure you can achieve in the process. Keep in mind though that it’s no simple task. Being knowledgeable on how each laptop component work is instrumental in making this a successful endeavor. In retrospect, the fact that you are reading this article right now is proof enough that you want to do this right. So just read the basic points discussed here and you might be on your way to building your own laptop computer.
Every laptop has what computer experts call the “barebones model”. This is the skeletal framework consisting of the major components that are essential in the building of your laptop. The barebones model includes the motherboard, optical drive, LCD Panel, connectivity ports and the chassis. There are components that you have to choose yourself, and these are the CPU, hard drive, video card and wireless card. You can contact computer stores or search online for laptop barebones products. Make a mental review of what each component does and how they work together in order for you not to lose track of what you’re doing.
NOW ON TO THE STEPS
1. Place the notebook upside down over a clean and level surface, then using a screwdriver; remove the screws that hold the main compartment cover. Once you’ve removed the cover, you’ll see the main compartment where you can attach the CPU, Memory and Mini PCI slot. Raise the lever from the CPU socket cover and then slip in the CPU while making sure that it is aligned with the socket. Be sure to avoid touching the gold pins to prevent damaging the processor. Don’t force the issue if you’re having difficulties aligning it at first. You might have positioned the CPU wrong while slipping it into the socket, so just make the right adjustment and you should easily fit it in.
2. After installing the CPU, the heatsink needs to be installed next. Above the CPU there should be four small holes where you can plug the heatsink. You can refer to the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 on the CPU heatsink to ensure that you’re not plugging it incorrectly.
3. The next step is to install the wireless card. Look for the mini PCI-E slot and pop in the wireless card there while avoiding the gold connectors on the card. Since wiring may be specific for some wireless cards, it’s best to refer to the wireless card manual.
4. Pop in the video card by inserting the edge connector into the video card slot near the center of the motherboard and secure the screws to hold it in place.
5. Secure the hard drive to the hard drive shielding tray by sliding it in until the pins are properly inserted. The plastic handle should also be used to secure the hard drive into the pinholes.
6. Now that all the internal components are in place, close the laptop casing and insert the battery. Connect the power brick and plug it into the wall outlet. If you’ve done everything correctly, it should power up once you’ve pushed the power button, and the next thing that you’ll have to do is pat yourself on the back for a job well done!
Trung tâm Linhkienlaptop.net chuyên cung cấp linh kiện laptop, linh kiện Macbook giá sỉ, với chính hãng bảo hành lâu dài tại TPHCM. Chúng tôi chuyên phân phối linh phụ kiện cho các dòng Laptop, Macbook, Surface thuộc các thương hiệu hàng đầu trên thị trường Việt Nam như: linh kiện laptop Dell chính hãng, linh kiện laptop Asus, HP, Compaq, Lenovo, IBM, eMachines, Sony Vaio, MSI, Toshiba, Fujitsu, Gateway, SamSung, LG, Apple, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Retina, iMac, Microsoft Surface, Surface Pro 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, Surface Go, Surface Laptop, Surface Pro X…